Equality, diversity and inclusion policy
June 1, 2021
EURAPROIN S.L. has the power to design, evaluate and permanently review the Governance and Sustainability System and, specifically, to approve and update corporate policies, which contain the guidelines that govern the Company’s actions.
In the exercise of these responsibilities, aware of its commitment to the human team as the main strategic asset and key to its business success, this Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy is approved.
The purpose of this Policy is to achieve a favorable environment that facilitates and promotes equal opportunities, non-discrimination, diversity and the inclusion of the professionals of said society, betting, consequently, on a people management model committed to the professional excellence and quality of life, all in accordance with current legislation in our country and following the best international practices, including the provisions of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) approved by the United Nations in these areas.
Equal opportunities constitutes one of the essential pillars of professional progress and its development implies equitable treatment to promote the personal and professional progression of the human team of society.
As for diversity, it encompasses the set of characteristics that make people unique and singular, that is, the richness that each person brings thanks to their variety, including visible and non-visible conditions.
Inclusion, for its part, refers to how differences between individuals are valued and opportunities are created for everyone to unfold their full potential. That is, the conscious strategy that focuses on developing the structures, systems, processes and culture that generate respect for the particularities of all the people within an organization, also promoting a feeling of belonging that makes them feel valued and part of a group or community.
2. Scope of application
This Policy is applicable to EURAPROIN S.L., it has an effective control, within the legally established limits.
Without prejudice to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the company may establish an equivalent policy, which must be in accordance with the principles set forth in this Policy and in the other environmental, social and corporate governance policies and regulatory compliance of the Governance and sustainability.
In addition, it is also applicable, where appropriate, to temporary unions of companies and other equivalent associations, when the Company assumes their management.
3. Basic principles of action in relation to equal opportunities
To achieve the objectives and commitments indicated in terms of equal opportunities, EURAPROIN S.L. assumes and promotes the following basic principles of action that should govern the development of its labor relations:
a) Guaranteeing the quality of employment as a fundamental means to promote equal opportunities and non-discrimination, promoting the maintenance of stable and quality jobs, with occupational content that guarantees continuous improvement of the skills and competencies of professionals.
b) develop the principle of equal opportunities at work, the fulfillment of which constitutes one of the essential pillars of professional development, and which entails the commitment to practice and demonstrate equitable treatment that promotes the personal and professional progression of the EURAPROIN S.L. team. in the following areas:
- Promotion, professional development and compensation: assess the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job, through the evaluation of objectives and performance.
- In particular, both in the realization of individual proposals of objectives, as in the evaluation of performance and, where appropriate, of the salary increase, criteria of equal opportunities, non-discrimination and respect for diversity will be considered. In this sense, equitable treatment will be promoted that encourages the personal and professional progression of the human team of society, in such a way that the knowledge and skills necessary for each job position are recognized, the contribution of professionals to the creation of value , as well as dedication and responsibility in the performance of their duties.
- Selection: choosing the best professionals through selection tools and systems based on the knowledge and capabilities of the candidates.
- Hiring: do not establish discriminatory salary differences and ensure adequate integration of the professional to the company, work group and position.
- Training: ensure the education and training of each professional in the knowledge and skills required for the proper development of their work.
- Support for professionals with different abilities, promoting their effective occupation.
- Promotion of transparent communication, encouraging innovation and granting the professional the necessary autonomy in the exercise of their functions.
- Elimination of any actions contrary to equal opportunities.
c) Promote gender equality within society, complying with the legislation in force in each country and following the best international practices, as well as the provisions in this area in the fifth of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) approved by the Organization of the United Nations and, in particular, with regard to access to employment, training, professional promotion and working conditions, and, for these purposes:
- Strengthen society’s commitment to gender equality both in the organization and in society and promote awareness on this issue in both areas.
- Guarantee the principle of equal opportunities in professional development, removing obstacles that may impede or limit the career due to gender.
- Analyze positive action measures to correct the inequalities that arise and to promote the access of the less represented gender to positions of responsibility in which they have little or no representation.
- Promote mechanisms and procedures for selection and professional development that facilitate the presence of the less represented gender with the necessary qualifications in all areas of the organization in which their representation is insufficient. Among others, through the implementation of specific training and professional development monitoring programs for women that encourage society to have a significant number of registrations.
- To seek balanced representation in the different decision-making bodies and levels, guaranteeing participation under conditions of equal opportunities in all areas of consultation and decision-making in society.
- Promote the organization of working conditions with a gender perspective, allowing the reconciliation of personal and work life of all professionals who work in society to promote gender equality, ensuring the elimination of all discrimination based on gender .
- Protect pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum as specific situations of the female professional group, preventing this from having a negative impact on their professional career.
- Promote collaboration programs with educational centers to promote the presence of the under-represented gender in careers and training programs related to the businesses of the society in which it is presented.
4. Basic principles of action in relation to diversity and the promotion of inclusion
In order to achieve the objectives and commitments indicated in relation to diversity and the promotion of inclusion, EURAPROIN S.L. assumes and promotes the following basic principles of action that should govern the development of its labor relations:
a) Guarantee non-discrimination among its professionals for any conditions or circumstances that are worthy of guardianship.
b) Promote that all professionals in society contribute their knowledge, experiences and skills, regardless of any personal or social conditions or circumstances.
c) Foster a sense of inclusion in society that seeks to ensure that all professionals consider themselves part of the business project and their role in the local, national and international community. With this, it is intended that the values, principles and objectives of the Company are assumed as their own by the human team and that their contribution to them is perceived as an essential component of not only professional development, but also personal development.
d) Recognize the coexistence of different generations as a source of continuous enrichment, due to their diverse capacities and approaches, both for professionals and for different businesses and corporate areas, and as a decisive contribution to the adaptation of the services that the Company provides to the needs of the communities in which it operates.
e) Take into consideration that certain limitations in physical and / or intellectual capacities that may be an obstacle to the development of some tasks represent, on the contrary, a significant added value in other performances. In any case, do not identify such circumstances, in a preliminary and unsubstantiated manner, as obstacles to proper integration at work.
f) Recognize that the international character of society and the contribution made by people of different origin, race or ethnicity represent a source of permanent and decisive enrichment of society, which is preserved and promoted.
g) Promote information and communication with the different communities in which EURAPROIN S.L. operates. so that the Company is recognized as an ideal place for the professional development of its various groups as a result of its inclusive practices.
h) Guarantee that the selection and hiring processes are based on neutral criteria and objectives of merit and ability, at the same time that specific actions are established to promote the inclusion of groups with less ease of access to the labor market.
i) Address, with the appropriate integration measures, among others, the situations of single people, married or in a common-law relationship, divorced, separated, widowed, living with a plurality of people, with or without children, and with other circumstances particular family and emotional relationships, including the specific bond that originates with companion animals.
j) Ensure that decisions regarding professional promotion, as well as professional development, are based on equitable criteria, eliminating in all business decisions in this regard, reasons or consequences harmful to diversity, promoting the proper inclusion of all groups of professionals.
k) Ensure that, in the training of each professional, regardless of the group to which they belong, they are endowed with sufficient knowledge, aptitudes and skills for the proper development of their work, at the same time that specific actions are foreseen in said training from the perspective of acceptance of diversity and rejection of discrimination.
l) Encourage the use of inclusive language in any type of corporate, internal or external communication, and eradicate, in any case, the use of discriminatory language.
m) Preserve an environment free from workplace harassment, especially one whose intent or basis is direct or indirect discrimination, ensuring the establishment of agile and effective reporting channels.
n) To constantly develop policies to raise awareness of the professionals who make up society, especially those who carry out managerial responsibilities, so that they value and promote the contribution that diversity represents for the Company.
o) Incorporate in leadership programs behaviors that favor better decision-making and a culture based on diversity, as well as an internal communication strategy that manages to transmit the plural and inclusive nature of society.
p) Facilitate internal mobility and interaction in the organization to create networks of contacts and teams that take advantage of multiculturalism, and constantly monitor and update management processes and procedures so that these contacts and common work occur that enhance inclusive diversity .
q) In line with the Policy of respect for